How many times could a person cheat death and get away with it? I really had to wonder about this, my mother Quay'Na Rakai had done so for quite a while and now her legacy was up to me. I had many dreams about her and what happened to her in the hands of the Imperials. These were things I could do nothing about. Many times she had made contact with me from beyond and that was strange in its own way and then I found her hidden personal journals deep within the innards of her ship, at which now I had possession of. It seemed that I held many of the same characteristics as she, I was an animal empath; which meant I could speak to animals and I had gained a passion for mechanics. I could fix just about anything that was thrown at me and then some and if I could not get the part, I made it. I also had the same master, although he did not want me to call him that...he was; at my side to guide me along in the ways of the Force.

I had been reading some of her journals and had to laugh at some of the crazy things she did in her younger years. It made me feel closer to her in a very strange way, almost knowing her. I learned about her pasttimes, her friends, her enemies...and my father. But, there was more to this story...I had a sister. And it was this that kept my mind on edge. I wanted to find her, but I had no clue as where to even think of starting.

I sighed deeply as I threw my legs over the edge of my bunk and pulled on my boots. My thoughts rendered to my own cheating of death, I should have died on that cross with those Tuskans, but I did not. Wei saved my bum twice, if not more. At least I was learning and during our down time when he wanted to think, I stayed out of his way by retreating to my workshop in the mechanics hold to make sure every bit of this ship was working right.

I did not mess with Wei, I had learned early on not to do so. He was a far cry from that gentle man my mother wrote about, but war and turmoil could easily kill a spirit as it did his. There were many things that I wanted to ask, but I dared not. I just kept my distance.

Right now, we were parked somewhere out on the outer rim. Waiting for something, I had no clue what and I was not in the mood to ask and get reamed. So, this gave me plenty of time to think and meditate; at which I had begun to get very good at. There were times where I could actually hear my mother's voice, a very gentle voice speak to me.

I made my way down to my workshop silently as I could so not to disturb Wei if he were sleeping or meditating. I looked around at all the tools here and could almost see my mother hard at work, just like me at times. It was here that I felt the closest to her and it was here that I spent most of my time. I took a seat on the floor and closed my eyes.

Feeling the essence of the Force swirl around me, I called out to her. Mother, I know you are here. You always are. I know you can reach out to me and I need to know her name...please, give me my sisters name.

Again and again, I pleaded to her through the Force for one simple name. I had to know, so I waited.