Age changed a man, whether that man was nakedly fleshed or finely furred, stubborn or no. As one well on his way from forties to fifties, Meeristali Peradun did not escape the effects of the passage of time and the change of circumstances on his trains of thought. While he was set into many of his ways, he had softened in others, possibly becoming too old to cling to such fool convictions that had led him to continue driving a wedge between himself and the younger half-breed that was his cousin. Mara Tallen was an uneasy point in his thoughts, one that had Castus catching him more pensive than was usual - a feat in itself - during their evenings of silence and sustenance. One asked after by that very same Selonian, to which he either never answered, or gave thin, terse replies.

It came to a head; he was fed up, and keeping it clammed up wasn't working anymore. A message was drafted up and sent, one quiet evening, to wherever the currents of this eerie, pretending silence of cold war had taken his relation. The onlyone of his relations he gave the courtesy of the time on his chrono, were such a thing asked. It read:

Mara,

I am well aware that I have left our relationship in an uncomfortable state, but I implore you to continue reading these words.

I am not as young as I once was, but life still demands much of me, from my flesh and inward. I have been thinking rather inescapably on the way of things between you and I, and find myself dissatisfied with the shape it retains. I will not live forever - no, I am not dying - and I wish to begin ensuring that the regrets I carry are as minimal as can be managed before such a time arrives that I am no longer of this plane of existence.

In shorter words, I wish to mend the ties between us. If you feel you can give a fool of an older man another chance, then I would like to receive you at the enclosed coordinates in three weeks' time.

-Meeristali