Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: On a Darkened Street (Freddie)

Fiona Devlin
    :: She paused, waiting for the bartender to move to a patron on the otherside of the bar. It was mostly empty, but Fiona was still using discretion ::

"We live in the shadows, for obvious reasons. I feel like you're someone I can trust."

Freddie Tibodeaux
    "Boo, you don't even know me."

Freddie lit up another Lucky Strike, leaning back as the smoke curled from his nostrils.

"I'm a jailbird. Done a dime down Angola way, dat's Looziana. Why you feel like trustin' me?"

Fiona Devlin
    "No, I don't know you." she replied. "But I have a keen sense for the kind of man you are."

:: She looked at him intently, as though staring into his soul. They were the wide brown eyes of a young woman on the surface, but the gaze of a crone was scrutinizing him. It was an unsettling feeling, but it broke when she smiled ::

"Whatever you went to prison for doesn't concern me, Freddie."

:: She sipped her drink ::

"You've caught a glimpse of a much larger world tonight. There are those in this city who would kill you for that. Such a thing is not in my nature, and you don't strike me as the sort that cries Wolf. Or Witch."

Freddie Tibodeaux
    "Hell, I ain't droppin no dimes now Boo. You'se secret safe wit me."

Freddie keep his voice low when de waitress bring de bourbon back. She went off 'gain and he speak up a lil.

"I'm assumin dis ain't yo first foray into homicide an such. How old you is, exactly?"

Fiona Devlin
    :: There was a twinkle in her eye as she mused over the answer ::

"Old enough to remember Dragons in Midsummer."

Freddie Tibodeaux
    De words done flew ova Freddie's head like a chickenhawk.

"Qui? Sorry, ain't much up on de classics. I got de notion you'se talkin centuries."

Freddie let out a slow whistle, sippin his bourbon contemplatively.

"Don't mind me askin boo, but what de beef about wit de headless gent?"
    Last edited by Freddie Tibodeaux; Jan 17th, 2008 at 08:52:49 PM.

Fiona Devlin
    "His name was Salih Shevger. I only know him by reputation. He was from the Ottoman Empire."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12