Thread: What happened to The Gungan Council???

Hybrid View

I browsed by the board back a few weeks ago and caught the tail end of the closing.

The last I saw there was a topic of debate between Ceel and the head admin ('Admin Droid' - don't know what their original handle was). Ceel was querying the URL no longer working (turns out they had stopped paying for it) and was then trying to rustle up ideas on how to promote the board better, possibly even relaunch again on new software and encourage people to return. The head admin spent post after post telling Ceel that the oldies weren't going to come back (even providing hard numbers of all the invites they had sent) and if he wanted TGC to live on, he needed to look for new posters.

It was a really awkward read. Ceel seemed (to me) to really stuggle understanding the idea that no one was likely to return, kept constantly saying with all the posters they've had over the years statistically there had to be someone out there who might Google them up and come back.

The head admin then posted their resignation, and that's the last I saw before the blank page it is now. I'm guessing with the admin resigning there's no one left to run the show.

Vale TGC

EDIT: I've updated our wiki page about TGC, including the (now dead) URL and replacing it with a link to the Wayback Machine. I thought it was worthwhile as whenever I googled TGC our wikipage tended to pop up high in search results.
    Last edited by Atreyu; Apr 17th, 2022 at 12:10:06 AM.

"A Jedi must remain focused. Mastery of the Force requires that all unnecessary activities be purged from daily life."