Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014)

Here's the UK version:

http://youtu.be/G4LVE9OUTfw
    (sorry couldn't figure out how to embed)

One thing the UK trailer has that the US one doesn't - at 1:07 there's a blink-and-you'll-miss-it shot of Sharon Carter.

"A Jedi must remain focused. Mastery of the Force requires that all unnecessary activities be purged from daily life."

TheHolo.Net Poster

Has been a member for 5 years or longer

AKA
    Geoffrey
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Karagane Steam ID: Davendude
    I'm not sure I could have enjoyed this movie more. It was an absolute blast and, for me, it was better than Avengers because it was more personal; spread across fewer spotlight characters which allowed for character development among amazing action scenes. Anyone familiar with the comics will find constant Easter Eggs and hints to future films throughout. 10/10.

Oh, and for anyone wondering, there is a scene after the credits. Don't miss it.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lilaena Steam ID: jainhollie
    There are actually two scenes after the credits.

Loved the movie.

oh what a tangled web I weave

SW-Fans.Net Poster

So, why does everyone keep calling me Mr. Blonde?

Has been a member for 5 years or longer

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: EquableJarl0 PSN ID: TXViking43
    Folks should see it. Great work.

Quote Originally Posted by Zereth Lancer View Post
    I'm not sure I could have enjoyed this movie more. It was an absolute blast and, for me, it was better than Avengers because it was more personal; spread across fewer spotlight characters which allowed for character development among amazing action scenes. Anyone familiar with the comics will find constant Easter Eggs and hints to future films throughout. 10/10.

Oh, and for anyone wondering, there is a scene after the credits. Don't miss it.
    Bolded for emphasis. For me, this was a movie with zero wasted space: the dialogue was perfect, the action was tailored to perfection, and every scene felt vitally important. I was also impressed by how, despite Captain America's name being in the title, it was a surprisingly ensemble peace: the character development for Black Widow and Nick Fury was really interesting, and I instantly fell in love with Falcon... right from the opening scene, I loved every moment of his interaction with Cap.

I was also pleasantly surprised with [Arnim Zola - in the comics he's a robot with a TV screen in his stomach; they made him really cool in a way that made total sense. I'm also mega intrigued by all the tidbits of early SHIELD that were teased and revealed too. Did the Russos just set up the premise for a Peggy Carter series?]

I am completely mind-blown by the way everything ended, too. Avengers 2 needs to hurry up and be made because holy cow what happens next?!
    It's like that, and that's the way it is.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lilaena Steam ID: jainhollie
    Watch Agents of SHIELD if you want to know exactly what happens next.

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2
    Lesbian Overlord of SWFans

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    Seems like everyone is really enjoying this.. might be the movie that makes me actually interested in Cap as a character. I'm going to try and see it this week at some point.

I'm going to see it tomorrow. The critical and fan reaction has me feeling very excited for it.

Saw it, and loved it. I especially appreciated that it was a little more character-driven than other comic book/superhero movies. And the action sequences were superb. I also fell immediately head over heels for the Falcon. If they don't use him again, they're bonkers. And I've got to know...was anyone else willing to admit that [they teared up during the scene where Steve went to visit Peggy? I did, and I swear I heard more than one person sniffling around me.]

It all just makes me wonder how Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is going to play out...last week's episode was huge, and this week's is going to HAVE to deal with the aftermath of everything that happened in this movie.

Martinet
    Regarding Agents of SHIELD, I have my suspicions that [Coulson having his plane, his team, and virtual autonomy - something Fury moved heaven and earth to set up - is all part of Fury's fail-safe plan. Coulson is one of the few people that Fury absolutely knows he can trust: not because of his loyalty to Fury, but because of his integrity and commitment to doing the "right thing". Fury was suspicious right from the beginning of Winter Soldier (hence engineering the situation on that ship), and presumably had been for a while: I think Fury trusts Coulson enough to know that if things went bad, if Fury's suspicions were realised, Coulson is the kind of person with the integrity to try and take down the bad guys. So, Fury set him up with the resources to make that happen: and now that Fury is off the grid, Coulson is pretty much the only asset that he has left.]

[It all reminds me of the "Secret Invasion" arc from the comics (and almost every Marvel cartoon), actually. In that, Nick Fury goes off the grid because shapeshifting aliens have infiltrated SHIELD, the military, governments, terrorist groups, and even superhero teams. The fact that Maria Hill went off and got a job at Stark Industries at the end, the fact that we're getting Glenn Talbot (a military character) showing up soon, and the fact that we know that Age of Ultron has been filming scenes that take place all over the world... it makes me wonder if the Hydra infestation extends to more than just SHIELD, and the next chunk of Marvel story is going to involve trying to weed it out. Who knows... maybe even Ultron is part of that: a Sentinel style cadre of robots to take out the threats that Hydra failed to dispose of during Winter Soldier.]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12