Thread: Question

Moderator Question

Why doesn't the GJO have a library or archives or something? Seems like that would be handy.

Jamel Croko'yn
    Do you mean have it in scripture format but not in a role playing board?

No, I mean a real forum where people could go and read things, research things, and even add their knowledge into the system.

Jamel Croko'yn
    Oh, I always thought Alter was for that...well if not, then their really should be one.

Yeah, I don't know if there is one already as a part of the academy, but I don't think so. It would be nice to have one as a branch off the avalon, don't you think?

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2
    Lesbian Overlord of SWFans

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    Could be a sub forum to Avalon or the LQ.

Yeah, exaaaaaactly.

Might be nice to have a selection of IC and OOC 'stickied' posts with various types of information, such as a planet database, a jedi history, weapons and ship specs, member bios, etc.

Jamel Croko'yn
    Yah, we should probably move the biographies into the Temple or something that'd be of that sorts so you could get that information all in a collective form.

Marcus Telcontar
    No we will NOT move Bio's.

Ryla, to be honest, I dont really see the need for a library or such. There is an RP database hosted at Meras, but part from that, I cant really see this being used all that often.

TheHolo.Net Poster

This is not the Empress you're looking for

DragonCon 09
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer

AKA
    Dani
    Marcus said what I was going to say

SW-Fans.Net Poster

I might return to RPing if those scrumptious Gue twins would come back. Figrin Sandwich, am I right?

Moving the bios into the Temple is defeating, because then only Jedi would have access to them. Part of the point of the bios is so that anyone interested in RP can read about the different Jedi characters.

Well, then nix the bio idea. Is there such a place as a library or archive that could be used for training and research, IC storage of knowledge?

It's just a thought for discussion.

Marcus Telcontar
    Such a store exists at Meras.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

I might return to RPing if those scrumptious Gue twins would come back. Figrin Sandwich, am I right?

If nothing else, how about adding a direct link to those locations on the Meras board? I think part of the problem is that not a lot of people know exactly what Meras is, or even know that it exists. It would make that stuff more accessible.

Marcus Telcontar
    Hmmm.... might chat to Morgan about a header redesign with a few quick links like that.

Yeah, what he said.

I'm not trying to stir up trouble here, just poking around.

I think it would be great to have a Jedi archive type thing. Wherever it is. People can just add a thread whenever on a part of history or something like that. Would be interesting to read about a battle Marcus won many years ago against a powerful sith or something.

Lion El' Jonson
    ...as long as people actually bothered to post their histories of battles and junk...

Really, I don't think that we actually need to have an archive if one's already at Meras. I know not everyone is signed up at that board, but it should be sufficient. I also think that the link idea is good...might encourage more people to join those boards.

Well, is this archive at Meras acessable IC?