Thread: brisco county jr. orb/rod prop?

hydin

brisco county jr. orb/rod prop?

a while back, we had a guy who had a screen used orb or orb rod, and i think tim was looking at making one.

has anything happened with these? i wouldnt think it would be really hard, considering the talent we have on the board for the superman crystals.

any ideas?
    chris

trammel

I think Tim was waiting on some information from the owner of the orb. :/

-Tom

jedi135

i was working on this but the guy that had the screen used one was going to help me out with some overall dims and a few pics but he said he was busy and would not get to it for awhile. i dont want to bug him about it, but i also dont want to start the project and then find out im off :/ so im just waiting.

hydin

well, not to speak ill of others, but why bother with another guy?

honestly, i dont see the demand for this to be really high <unlike making sure you have the definitive han solo anh blaster or something> so if its off by a tad, i dont really mind. i always though it would be about 12 to 14 inches long, as big in diameter as vaders saber w/ grips <no jokes, please> and just, blue tinted resin <royal blue? cobalt?> and maybe some electronics for an ultrabrite led in the bottom to make it light up.

just wondering. while there are a lot of detail oriented <COUGHanalCOUGH> people on the board, i cant see someone bitching about an orb rod, or the number of bullet holders in briscos belt or something.

i was just wondering, im hoping to hit the con in metarie in november, and having an orb rod autographed by the man himself would rule.

chris

PaulF2000

Here are the dims:

1 3/8th" diameter

1 3/4 " tall

Rod length only- 8.5" long, plus the cap

It's 1 1/4' to the part where the cap starts to taper, the sides are straight up to that point then round off.

The piece is gold chrome plated and weathered down. The actual rods are acrylic light blue with no light effects, they must have been created by computer.

Hope this helps,

Paul

hydin

awesome!

now get to work tim! i need onea them by mid november:

chris

jedi knight

Cool

Yeah, I want this prop too. I agree with you too, I don't think any one is going to be REALLY pissed off if is not exact. Can't wait to see the finished prop.

BTW: what kind of gun did Brisco and Bollower (sp?) use???